I help information technology companies like yours introduce their products and services to English-speaking audiences and communicate the benefits to their customers through content. By helping you spread the word about your technology in English, I help you grow your business and increase sales internationally.
Ten or so years ago, before finally pursuing my passion for languages, translation and words, I was working as an IT director for a global high-tech company. While that signalled the end of my 25-year career working for IT consultancy firms and multinational companies, I am still – and always will be – a techie at heart.
This means I know your IT business and am the best partner for all your English needs – translation, SEO translation, editing and proofreading, and language consultancy.
How I add value to your IT business
- No need to spend time explaining technical concepts to me: I’m already up to speed or can quickly grasp complex technical explanations of your products and services.
- I fully understand the context of your business and your pressures, issues and challenges. When you need to get content out now, I’m here to help.
- You speak directly to the person translating your content (me!) rather than to a project manager in an agency who assigns your job to who knows who.
- As an avid technology user, I have the latest innovations in computer-aided translation to increase speed and ensure consistency, accuracy and quality.
- Protect your reputation with human translation. Machine translation is no substitute in business where style, tone, cultural appropriateness and confidentiality are paramount.
Technology is completely changing how companies do business and how people live their lives. I understand you are trying to make your customers’ lives better and easier, and I take pride in helping you do that with my translations and other English-language services.
My enthusiastic, hard-working and no-nonsense nature means that I throw myself into your texts to ensure each one serves its purpose to improve your business.
I have a reputation for dependability, and clients come to me because I keep a cool head under the pressure of extremely complex texts or tight deadlines.
My clients like that I’m an independent and logical thinker who applies an analytical approach to my work. This means I ask the right questions to always use the right term and achieve the right tone.
When you work with me, you also get:
- A reliable service: No stress when it comes to quality documents delivered on time.
- Impeccable work and attention to detail: Relief that your audience will get the message you want them to get.
- Relevant editing suggestions: Satisfaction that your translated texts communicate effectively to your target audience.
“We had two main goals: a native level of English and knowledge of technology so that the translation, technical terms and tone would be just right. It’s not just a translation, it’s our image (and voice) to customers in other countries. After previous experience that did not quite fit with our goals, we have finally found a translator whom we trust and with whom we can work, with all the guarantees of a well-executed job.”
“His attention to detail and quality of work was, as usual, impeccable. The work was completed ahead of schedule and went far beyond the basic correction of grammar and spelling, offering advice on the tone of the text for the intended audience and suggestions relevant to the subject matter. I have no doubt we will be using Keith again in the future.”
“I’ve really enjoyed working with Keith. It’s clear that he knows the technology sector very well, and that not only shows in his translations, but also in the way he managed the project we shared, which made life easier for both me and his client. I look forward to working on more projects with Keith in the future and would definitely recommend him for translations in the technology field.”
Because what you see is what you get: a professional translator with a no-nonsense mindset who hides nothing about their personality or their work.
My brand identity has the following building blocks:
- No-nonsense mindset
I have a practical nature and a can-do attitude.
I don’t do fluff; I focus on what’s relevant and important. It’s the same with words.
- Partner, not just provider
Return on Relationship™ is as important to me as it is to you.
I like my clients to feel valued and like them to see the value in my work.
- Always dependable
I have a reputation for being responsive and reliable, for making time for people and going that bit further when needed.
- Lifelong techie
I am and always will be a technophile.
I can’t imagine my life or my work without technology: it just makes things easier – for you and me.
This is the bit where I’m supposed to awkwardly talk about myself in the third person. Instead, I’ll stick with the no-nonsense approach and just list my credentials.
Translation Association Memberships:
Translation and Language Qualifications:
- MA (Distinction) Technical and Specialised Translation, University of Westminster, London, UK (2014-2015)
- BA (First-class Honours) Modern Language Studies with French and Spanish, Open University, UK (2008-2014)
- IT director with worldwide experience in IT infrastructure and ERP systems for manufacturing, distribution, finance and accounting
- Technical Services Consultant – Maple Computing (2012-2014)
- Head of Technical Support – International Financial Data Services (2011-2012)
- IT Director, Global Data Centre Operations – Bausch + Lomb (2009-2010)
- European Systems Manager – Bausch + Lomb (2002-2009)
Click here if you really want to see more of my IT roles going all the way back to 1988!
- Systems Support Team Leader – Bausch + Lomb (2000-2002)
- Senior Consultant – ECsoft United Kingdom (1999-2000)
- Senior Technical Analyst – Virgin Retail (1998-1999)
- Infrastructure Project Leader – Buena Vista Home Entertainment (1996-1998)
- Senior Technical Consultant – Midas-Kapiti International (1994-1996)
- Technical Systems Analyst – Waste Management International Services (1993-1994)
- Hardware & Technical Planning Analyst – HFC Bank (1991-1993)
- Technical Support Specialist – The Mortgage Corporation (1990-1991)
- Operations Supervisor – The Mortgage Corporation (1989-1990)
- Computer Operator – The Mortgage Corporation (1988-1989)
Then you must want to know all the personal stuff, too!
- I’m in my mid-50s and live in rural Andalusia, Spain, with my husband and our two rescue cats Ludo and Zelda.
- Our beautiful house is set among 900 mango trees – our own fruit farm that produces up to 15 tonnes of mangoes in a good year.
- Pleasure for me is walking along the dusty country lanes here in Axarquía, surrounded by olive, mango and avocado trees and the sounds of nature and Spanish countryside living.
- I’m happiest at home on a warm summer’s evening with the heady note of Dama de Noche and jasmine hanging in the air, sitting on the veranda with a cup of tea in hand. (You can take the Englishman out of England but you can’t take the Englishman out of me!)
- I’m still a gym bunny and spend an hour most days in our home gym: weight training, functional training and yoga are the best medicine for my mind and body.
To find out more about my background and approach, click the button below to book a discovery call with me.